Government Announces Budget Incentives for Arts and Cultural SectorsTuesday 2 June 2020
Government Announces Budget Initiatives for Cultural & Arts Sectors
Last week's Budget funding initiatives for the cultural sector include:
* $25 million for Creative New Zealand
* $1.4m for the Antarctic Heritage Trust
* $11.364m to Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga
* $18m for the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
* $2m for the Museum Hardship Fund to be administered by Te Papa National
The Budget Arts funding for services include:
* $31.8m for Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision (including funding to prevent the loss of the audio and visual collection which is rapidly deteriorating)
* $2.03m for Royal New Zealand Ballet
* $4m for Waitangi National Trust Board
The funding will help to support artists, creative practitioners, and arts organisations over the next two years.
In addition to the other Arts support packages announced in Budget 2020 and yesterday, we also welcomed today’s announcement to give a substantial and crucial economic boost to the arts and creative sectors - and to the recognition given to the economic (alongside wellbeing), benefits our sector delivers to Aotearoa.
More details can be found here.
NB: Screen announcements are expected to be made early this week. We will then re-schedule and circulate the details for the SPADA hosted webinar with the NZFC to discuss these announcements